Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Please come to Boston

The greatness that is Dustin Pedroia just grounded out to second. But, that's OK. Dustin will get a hit at some point during the next 8 innings. I have faith.

I like to watch Sox games in the evenings. Particularly if they are playing in Boston. I love that green field and the Green Monster. And the greatness that is Dustin Pedroia.

(Not to mention talented play-by-play announcer Don Orsillo. Although, here's hoping Jerry Remy gets better soon. I can't take too much more of the Eck.)

Sideline reporter Heidi Watney deserves her own sentence. So here it is...

Heidi Watney.

But, yeah. Baseball is a relaxing game. For whatever reason, it is more so when viewed at the friendly confines of Fenway Park.

I was to spend a weekend in New England this summer. Drew, Mike and I were going to take in a Sox game and drive up to Maine and down to Newport Beach. Had to postpone it, though. It's a bitch being poor. Plus, I need to go visit Ole Miss. Might wind up there next year.

The Sox are playing the Toronto Blue Jays tonight. Solid team. Quality pitching; consistent hitting. The Braves should take notice.

Some nights I feel like baseball is a distraction. I could be reading. Or writing. Or jogging in the park.

But, heck, it's (almost) summertime. Perfect moment for our national game. We need a little more escapism in our overstressed lives anyway.

So, please come to Boston for the springtime. Even if the journey is made vicariously through the magic of DirecTV, to Fenway Park, on a picture perfect Wednesday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home