Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer in the suburbs

I think the heat is turning brains to blubber.

Today was the hottest day in the history of Knox Vegas -- 105 F. That's pretty F-ed up if you ask me. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Jenn and I didn't do much. We both feel bad. SI joint flareup for me. Neck and back problems for her.

Got a good laugh yesterday. Some guy, writing a letter to the editor of the Knoxville News Sentinel, lumped us in with what he called "the elite media" and said we'd all lost touch with reality. I about spit up my cold pizza and Coca-Cola on my Elvis On Tour t-shirt. I think it's time to dig the word "solipsist" out of the dictionary again.

State Rep. Julia Hurley continues to make news. None of it good. She and her ilk are an embarrassment, part of this bizarre trend to act foolishly and then blame the "liberal media." That's what happens when you will not accept responsibility for your own actions.

I'm listening to Sirius/XM. Elvis, '70s, Sinatra, disco. Jenn is fooling around with her iPhone.

Bought three CDs from the 2011 National Hammer Dulcimer Champion Tim Simek. Pretty stuff. Heard him playing "Shenandoah." On one disc, he also does groovy tunes from the rock era, including "Nights in White Satin" and "Here Comes the Sun."

Well, this member of the "elite media" is signing off for tonight. Y'all have a good weekend. Stay cool, keep hydrated and avoid the nattering nabobs of negativism.

Maybe it's the heat...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lola Alapo said...

"Nattering nabobs of negativism," huh? Love the alliteration :D

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jake Mabe said...

I stole it from former vice president Spiro T. Agnew...(heh, heh.)

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home